Focus on Disposable Medical Supplies


Prior to 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic, the market for disposable medical supplies in Panama steadily grew at an average rate of 10% over the last decade, due to the growing population and increased public and private investment in the health sector. As a result of the pandemic, Panama has significantly increased spending on disposable medical supplies and is preparedDisposable Medical Supplies to continue devoting significant resources to dealing with the public health crisis.

Main disposable medical supplies include:

  • Masks, Gloves, and Clothing
  • Surgical and Dental Supplies
  • Thermometers, Test supplies, and Syringes
  • Specimen Collection and COVID-19 test kits

Consequently, the market for disposable medical supplies is expected to grow significantly in 2022, and an additional 15% in the following years, as there is no production of disposable medical supplies in Panama.

The disposable medical supplies market offers numerous opportunities for small, medium, and large U.S companies as the public sector represents approximately 70% of the total market, while the private sector, mostly composed of modern hospitals, represents the remaining 30%. This increased emphasis placed on health and wellness in the post-pandemic climate has led to the general public focusing on protecting themselves with quality disposable medical products at home, as well.

The Dirty Truth of Reusable Medical Supplies

Our line of NexTemp®, Tempa•DOT®, and TraxIt® thermometers are easy to use, eco-friendly, offer unsurpassed accuracy, maximum infection control, and provide the lowest cost of ownership when compared to competitors, making them the preferred choice in many hospitals, businesses, schools, and government agencies around the world!

When thermometers are used on multiple patients by healthcare providers it is nearly impossible to ensure a contaminant-free device for each use, even with the most stringent cleaning and sterilization protocols. Moreover, Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology published a study showing that 24% of healthcare workers carry C. diff on their hands, even after disinfecting, meaning that non-contact thermometers provide both highly inaccurate readings and unsafe conditions for both hospital staff and their patients.

The Medical Indicators Difference

Alternatively, our clinically accurate, single-use thermometers utilize an innovative and proprietary chemistry system to measure core body temperature, providing readings that are accurate to ±0.2ºF or ±0.1ºC, which is the highest level of accuracy available on the market today! And their disposability means that once you’ve taken a temperature, you simply throw it in the trash to virtually eliminate the risk of spreading germs and infections!

All of Medical Indicators single-use thermometers are non-hazardous, non-toxic, and latex, glass, and mercury-free, and are manufactured in our U.S. FDA-registered and ISO-certified facility right here in Hamilton, New Jersey.